Saturday, 1 September 2007

Deadlifts and push-ups

As it's a rest day at HQ, I tried out this, inspired by the WOD demonstrated by Brendan Gilliam a while back.

10 Rounds for time
10 Deadlifts 60kg
10 Push-ups

24:48

I got to 5 rounds and thought that as I'm only a Puppy most times, perhaps I'd better stop, decided I'd do one more round to at least do better than 5.
Having done that I figured I'd go to 8.
During round 7 I decided that if LauraR can keep going through some of those workouts she does in that impossible heat, I may as well do all 10.

The deadlifts weren't easy, but quite manageable.
The push-ups were the best form I've done for that volume. No comments please on how bad that means my form was previously. ie still getting pretty yoga'y toward then end.

A fun little effort.
I can hear my hamstrings telling me I'm going to pay for this tomorrow.

No comments: