Saturday, 18 August 2007

Michael 070817

Puppies:

Three rounds for time of:
Run 600 meters
15 Good-mornings - 20kg
25 Sit-ups - improvised ab-mat

19:58

Last time 'round I tried Pack and this WOD is what broke my knees good and proper, and put me off training for nearly a month.
So this time I did what I should have and started with Puppies. When I tick that off, THEN I move up. I learn eventually.
Good-mornings because back extensions off a small swiss-ball are just a waste of time for me. Plyo-boxes and a Kempie style GHD are calling big time!

If GD or anyone who has experience running reads this, how do you warm up for a running WOD? I usually use runs as part of my warm-up and that would just be silly.
I could row, is that sensible? This really feels like a dumb question, but as anyone who's read my posts will know, I haven't run at all for about 25 years, so I really am that ignorant in this area.

5 comments:

kempie said...

Fella,for something like Michael the crossfit warm-up would have been perfect. So would rowing.

In fact, even running would have been ok unless you have some issues that get worse with increased running volume (shin-splints, knee issues etc)

TexasPatrick said...

Chris is right, running is a perfectly good warmup for running. Not that any of us perform at this level, but I used to watch the world class Africans in Albuquerque run 5 miles before running a 5k then running 5 after. Just go slow because the 600s will be fast.

TP

Craig Massey said...

Thanks Patrick/TP.
LOL
"Fast" would have to be a relative term. :-)
Faster than the warm-up certainly, or at least I would hope, but fast compared to you? Not likely!
Oh, and by the end of something like "Murph", the warm-up pace would look like lightning.

TexasPatrick said...

Ha! Yes, everything about cfit is relative. I'm relatively weak . . . . Ha! I keep waiting for my strength and endurance to catch up to my running . . . .

Craig Massey said...

They're coming along pretty well from what I've seen you posting.