Sunday, 29 July 2007

Post Linda

I won't be training today. It's miserably wet outside and the cold is worse and I want to go to the Session tonight to say goodbye to the guys who are off on their Euopean tour.

This is going to be a lazy indoor day.

Kempie made a good reply to my dismal Linda post.
"Metric, I feel your pain. I had to use one bar only and actually spent half an hour at work figuring out the order that plates should go on the bar to minimise shifting between drills. Little loading diagrams and all ...

One way to go, if you have limited gear is load up the bar for deadlift, sub deep ring dips for bench (you are pressing bodyweight after all) and use dumbbells for the cleans. Even if the weight is slightly reduced, I reckon you get a more intense and effective workout without the messing around needed with only one bar.

Either way mate, I don't think that Linda will be happy with anything less than your A game so rest up and hit her hard later.

Cheers, kempie"

Wish I'd though of that. Sigh

2 comments:

kempie said...

Hey fella, don't beat yourself up about it. Takes some doing to match what you got against what you need.

Cheers, kempie

Craig Massey said...

Wow, a comment!
Thanks Kempie.

What bothers me, and that's too strong a word really, is that I still haven't latched onto to the mindset to design Crossfit workouts. Especially, I don't yet have the ability to come up with substitutions like this on the fly. I can recognise a good one when I see it and understand the logic, just can't come up with them myslef.
I know it's only a matter of length of exposure to the programming, but right now it's a frustration. Only a small one though.