Monday, 14 February 2011

!@#$%&* skipping

3RFT
50 rope jumps
5 x 40kg front squat
30 x 12kg dbell power snatches, 15 each arm

15:44

The skipping killed my time. The first round was broken, the second I couldn't get going at all.
I wasn't really trying as it turned out, I'm used to going "I'm puffed, this is hard," and dragging my feet. With skipping that dun't work, you have to jump to get the numbers, you can't just go through the motions. With some focus and tightening up things came together.
A good exercise to remember to keep that.
Front squats better than I expected when I remembered to get my hips under me on the ascent.
Dbbell snatches were too light. I programmed them because my chest is incredibly tight after yesterday and I wanted to do something that would loosen that up and get my shoulder rolling back. Did the ticket nicely. Getting a bit to light though. Need to pop another couple of kilos on there.

No comments: