Monday, 11 October 2010

Back squats

3 x 70kg
20 x 40kg

I had all kinds of excuses ready about how doing lots of air squats yesterday tired my legs out and on the first set with the bar I thought I was going to need them. Then the bar still felt light at 40kg and at 60.
At 70 it didn't feel heavy, but keeping good form became hard. The video is still copying from the memory card so we'll see how well I did.

I tried very hard to keep my upper back tight, lower abs tight and rotate my hips back into the socket. It's still hard to get right under what is for me a heavy load, but I can do it some of the time. I don't know what makes it so difficult, whether I'm too loose in some areas or too tight in others. But I'll keep working the squats and the stretches and something will probably come to light.

No comments: