Friday, 24 April 2009

Severe ouch

I've been in some pain since the pull-ups on Monday so after the deadlifts on Tuesday I spent some time on the foam roller. It made quite a difference at the time, but the next morning things were very un-good.

I seem to have done some damage to my lats/teres major, (it's hard to tell, they both hurt so much), biceps and forearms. It's worse on the right hand side, which is interesting and is slowly getting better. Mostly it's just extreme overuse after a lengthy lay-off and I think a little rhabdo type stuff is going on too which is knocking me around generally.

Everything is slowly coming out of spasm and if coaxed gently will now lengthen so I can comb my hair without having to bend my head down or brace one arm with the other.

I'll be off pull-ups for a bit longer yet I think.

Damn good workout if it has a kick like this. I want a re-match when I'm in better shape.

No comments: