Wednesday, 7 January 2009

Press, half-arsed metcon

Press
5 x 40kg
5 x 42.5kg
5 x 45kg
About right.
Still had some gas left, which time and increasing weight will take care of.

12-13-14-15 x 30kg
That just about popped my foofoo valve.
Rep 15 my left shoulder was very hinky.

Rest 5 min (put the weights, motorbike and other assorted junk back in the shed)

Then
Run to the playground (about 500m according to mapmyrun); 3:09

3 rounds
10 TTB/pull-up combo
10 push-ups
9:32
TTB further demonstrated that Christmas is not good for abs.
The J.T. effect from the presses got me on the push-ups.
The whole episode was very embarrassing, especially with 3 early teenage girls sitting there eating fish and chips while I puffed and rested my way through.
I'm sure I was discussed after my departure.

Run (stagger) home; 3:22

I'd like to thank my 5 y.o. niece for the opportunity to discover that the monkey bars at the playground are tall enough to hang from during the hours I spent with her there. The bars are too fat to be comfortable, and they're all artistically bent into a partial helix, but they are usable.
The other adults pushed their kids on the swings, I competed with the kids for space on the bars.

No comments: