Friday, 4 April 2008

BrandX core workout

By the system I use to track the HQ WODs I should have done the back extension sit-up workout, but my back doesn't feel solid enough.

So I did:

30 OHS 25 kg
20 Toes to Bar
30 Front Squat 25 kg
30 Hollow Rocks
30 Back Squats 25 kg
40 Ab Mat Sit ups

16:23

OHS are still a struggle for me, so I went lighter than the 30kg I should have done. They were probably the best OHSs I've done, so I am making progress.

Front squats weren't heavy, but they were tiring and the problems I have with squatting in general made them a struggle.
I'd never done hollow rocks before. I didn't do them well, too many bumps instead of a smooth rocking motion.
Back squats for the first time in about 18 years? Felt solid relative to the other two versions, but still freaking me out being under a bar. I only did them because the weight was so light. I think at 35kg I would have been in a full-blown panic attack.

And as an unexpected bonus, while stretching my back on the foam roller before starting to uncurl me from "IT geek hunched over keyboard position" a vertebrae or two clunked back into position. My back feels better than it has in weeks. Yay!

No comments: