Tuesday, 4 March 2008

Linda 080303

Puppies

10, 8, 6, 4, 2
80kg deadlifts
Subbing ring push-ups for benches.
40kg cleans.

19:50; 4:45, 5:20, 4:02, 3:48, 1:50

I lost some time changing plates. It only occurred to me at the end to just leave the collars on and slip the 20kg plates on the ends. They weren't going to go anywhere. Even with muscle clamps fiddling with collars takes time. I at least worked out I could leave the 10kg plates on all through.

Deadlifts: Hard. About right. I had hoped to do 100kg, but I'm not ready for that yet.
Ring push-ups: Too easy. I should have had my feet elevated or subbed something harder. Sorry Kempie, you recommended ring dips and after the other day I couldn't see me making many whole reps. I should have given it a try.
Cleans: A few power cleans in there, but mostly squat cleans. My legs were fried early in the high rep sets, so my deadlifts had a lot of leg in them. Perfect.
I'm getting more confidence getting under the bar. Even though it was a relatively light weight, with help I should get the technique. No point in getting coaching if I won't get under the bar.

A bit pooped!

No comments: