Sunday, 9 March 2008

Hang Cleans 080308

3 x 40kg
3 x 50kg
3 x 52.5kg old PB
3 x 55kg PB
3 x 57.5kg power-cleaned it, failed forward, got one, power-cleaned it, gave up
3 x 57.5kg PB
3 x 57.5kg

After
25 KTE

That's 2.5kg less than my all time best triple for a front squat. For someone who has huge problems with squatting, that's pretty cool

I've been bending over, squatting down, getting up, sitting in a squat measuring and marking out all day making more plyo-boxes and I thought my back would be too tired. It felt good though. Stable, not tight, and I don't have any twinges of sciatica

2 comments:

kempie said...

Excellent work fella! That is a great day's work - PB's and boxes

Cheers, kempie

Craig Massey said...

Thanks Kempie.
As much as I'm pleased with the weight and I seriously am, I'm more pleased that I'm getting under the bar for the catch. Sometimes a little high and dropping through the squat and back up, but mostly catching very low. It's giving me a huge amount of confidence that my back can hold up to some of the as rx'ed workouts.
I don't know whether it's the cleans or the box making, but my lower back aches pretty good this morning. Not broken, just worked. It's a nice feeling.
The boxes have taken me 3 months to get together, LOL. I still have 2 more to assemble and then I need to make 4" spacers to get the "in-between" sizes.
After that comes making the patented Kempie GHD adapter. That still impresses the hell out of me.

After having the 12" box hanging around, the 20" looks really big!
I used the "glue's drying excuse to put off trying it out yesterday. ;-)