Sunday, 30 March 2008

Fight Gone Bad 080329

FGB

Wall ball 10kg 23 20 18
SDHP 35kg 15 15 15
Step-ups 20" 20 20 19
Push press 35kg 12 12 12
Row 4.9 4.6 4


Total 214.5

I gamed this one slightly. I wasn't happy with my SDHP and push press last time so I set my goals of 15 and 12 and went until I had them and stopped. I got some breathing room out of it I guess, but mostly I had a number I wanted to get so I could live with myself, weak skinny shoulders or no.
Same with step-ups, but there was little time left after hitting 20.

Wallball felt good. I took care to warm up my squats better than last time, partly because my knees are still creaking from a week ago.
SDHP less back and shoulders, more legs. A lesson learned from last time.
Step-ups were OK. I'm getting a feel for the box and will be game to start jumping up and stepping down soon.
Push-press was still harder than I would have preferred, but I made sure I racked the weight properly and jumped it much harder so I would get my target reps.
The first row was a mistake, I'm sure I missed the beep and rowed for 2 minutes because my number was 9.8 and there was no way whatsoever I was going to get that on the last two rounds.

Felt a bit nauseous in the SDHPs and push presses.

25 KTE

Off to stand under a cool shower, which will probably evaporate before the water touches me.

No comments: