Sunday, 2 March 2008

Angie 080301

Pick 'n mix Pack
50 Pull-ups - because I can't do them.
50 Push-ups - because I'm still in a great deal of pain from ring-dips.
75 Sit-ups - because they're easy. Hah! See below.
75 Squats

29:03 Pull-ups 10:23 forgot to carry the watch out for the rest and it was a loong way back to the shed (all of 10 feet) to get it for the other splits. Next time I'll just wear the darned thing.

That wasn't pretty, but, it wasn't as bad as I have been doing, especially considering the volume.

Pull-ups: Better than I expected. Sets of 5 and I only had 3 "re-dos" I think. I tore another patch of skin. By a rough estimation 3 more patches and I'll have done all of the wear points for this exercise.
Push-ups: Extremely painful. Sets of 10 then 5. Only 2 "re-dos". The rest were all legal, if slow. The pleasant surprise of the day.
Sit-ups; The wolf-in-sheep's clothing. Kipping is an ab exercise. Push-ups are an ab exercise. I have proof. Excruciatingly slow and just straight out hard. Every single one was a ground-out effort. Ab-mat, feet un-anchored.
Squats; Easy? Easier anyway. I couldn't get my groove which irritated me, but I didn't struggle on these beyond sucking air.

29 is too slow. I wanted 18-25 to be happy that I'd picked the correct scaling. I lost a bit of time taping my finger before doing push-ups with an open wound, but 4 minutes? Maybe.

I'm on the board for Angie anyway, so I have a reference point.

2 comments:

TexasPatrick said...

Yes, kipping pullups are all abs . . .

After yesterday with the kb swings, and then the weighted kipping pullups, I was in complete hip flexor failure all day. I had no abs and no hip and no back . . .

Craig Massey said...

LOL!

I've started using light dbell swings in my warm-ups because I like them and they hit so many things without specifically working the same movements I'm training.