Tuesday, 7 August 2007

Snatch 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

1 x 22.5kg
3 x 25kg - practising the second pull
1 x 27.5kg
1 x 30kg
1 x 32.5kg
2 x 35kg - one marginal, one dropped forward, one very high
1 x 35kg

LauraR's still the champ at 80lbs, but that's a PB for me by a long way and I suppose the biggest overhead squat I've ever done by 15kg too. I'm not going to list the OH squat on the BrandX forum as a PB because I'm not sure it meets my standards for depth.
What I'm really please with though is that for the lighter weights I was really throwing myself under the bar and catching it very low. The bar didn't get much above waist height. When it got heavier my timing went all to pot, which is why I lost one forwards, but I wasn't horribly far off.

I didn't video it because I was sure it was going to be rubbish! I wish I had now to see if I'm pulling straighter. I tried to very hard.

Very pleased with that. Very very pleased.

And, it turns out an old friend took up competitive olympic lifting for few years while I was out of the gym scene for 15 odd years and can help coach me. We'll see whether that pans out. Not the same as GD or Coach Burgener's loving care and well chosen verbal kicks in the butt, but it's got to be better than trying to do it by video.

No comments: