Friday, 25 May 2007

Weighted pull-ups

CFWU x 3
    + parallette press-ups (usually do ring press-ups, but I finished making the parallettes today and wanted to play)
    - beginners/jumping pull-ups

Weighted pull-ups
    1 x 5kg
    1 x 5kg
    1 x 5kg feeling too easy and there's a 12kg dumbbell already made up sitting right there
    failed at 12kg
    1 x 8kg
    1 x 8kg
    1 x 8kg with much pulling of faces and wild kicking of feet, I mean kipping

For a guy with the wrong power-to-weight ratio to do pull-ups, that's a better start than I expected.
Slogging away at the beginners pull-ups is paying off and Eva's CFJ article and video on kipping might just get me doing them Crossfit style yet.
And I could always work on that power to weight ratio thing.
Lose weight;get stronger. Hmmm, decisions.

No comments: